The haphazard lifestyle, lack of exercise, intake of junky, non healthy food, smoking, alcohol consumption along with the highly stressed life and environmental pollutants has taken the toll on the skin. The skin is the most abused organ of the human body, more than the liver and lungs I will say. The skin loses it’s natural sheen, luster and tends to become dry, flaky, blemished and prone to infections. Alas! Where is the time to tend to the skin? Chemical cosmetics are extremely harmful for the skin and are known to trigger cancer cell. Fresh, natural cosmetics are a gift from Ayurveda that act as scrubs and keep the skin healthy and youthful.
Abhyanga is an ancient Ayurvedic massage therapy that heals and detoxifies the body, mind and spirit.
An Ayurvedic exfoliating skin scrub is basically a paste made from various herbs. This herbal paste is called an UBTAN. This soap-free, natural cleanser formulation is listed in the Ayurveda, made with a base of coarsely ground legume and selected herbs.
According to Ayurveda-the ancient Indian science, the universe is made up of five elements that is earth, water, fire, space and air. The same elements exist within us. When our Prana (the energy giving breath) mixes with these elements, Doshas are formed. There are three types of doshas that make up our physical constitution. They are vata, pitta and kapha. An imbalance in these energies is the root cause of any disease. According to Ayurveda, when these three doshas are in balance or sync only then good health prevails.
Vata dosha (wind energy) is made up when air and space mix with Prana
Pitta dosha (fire energy) is made when the elements fire and water mix with prana
Kapha dosha (water energy) is made when earth and water mix with prana
A change in lifestyle, stress, living conditions, environmental factors and nutrition can alter our Doshas. To balance the dosha the opposite quality has to be applied. Keeping this basic principle of Ayurveda, specific Ubtans are formulated for skin health.
Types of Ubtans:
Ubtans are cleansing pastes or powders that are rubbed on the skin in a circular motion. It is known to remove the dead skin and improve the circulation. Regular use of ubtans/scrubs makes the skin bright and healthy.
Vata people usually have a very fine skin. They should use the exfoliating scrub in a more liquid form and use larger circular movements.
Pitta people should make a smooth paste from the Ubtan and work in gentle circular movements without over stimulating the skin.
Kapha people should use the powder form of the Ubtan, rub it in small, circular motion vigorously to stimulate the body fluids.
How Ubtans work?
The circular motions of applying ubtans, stimulates the lymphatic which is a detoxification process. The stimulation of the micro circulation of blood unclogs the skin pores. The ubtan either in the powder form or the paste form when rubbed on the body induces warmth, penetrates to the deeper layers of the skin, removes congestion and stiffness from the system. The circular massage movement opens up the pores, lets the herbs penetrate into the skin which stimulates metabolism. This induces weight loss, reduces subcutaneous fat, reduces cellulite and tones the muscles. The oil and herbal powder combination leaves the skin soft, smooth, supple and lustrous.
What makes Vedaya’s Ubtan, the Exfoliating Scrub effective?
• Sweet Fennel : This natural herb controls the over activity of oil glands that lead to acne. The antioxidants keep the skin youthful
• Arjuna: due to its astringent properties, it helps to control acne
• Manjistha: the natural perpurin and manjishtin reduces fine lines as it is known to improve microcirculation
• Neem: It has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Being an excellent toner as it locks the pores, moisturizes dry skin, thereby reducing fine lines and wrinkles
• Sesame: sesame oil works as a natural sunscreen, moisturizer and skin detoxifier
• Saffron: is known as the elixir for the skin. It lightens and brightens the skin by reducing the blemishes and gives the skin an even tone
• Vetiver: as per Ayurveda, vetiver is effective in reducing dark spots, deeply moisturizes the skin, firms the skin, which makes it look younger
• Cashews & Almonds: Being rich in Vitamin E, cashews and almonds are added in Vedaya Ubtans, exfoliating scrubs for its anti-aging properties.
All ingredients used in various products from the House of Vedaya are formulated from the ancient Ayurvedic recipe and blended in the traditional manner to balance the doshas, Buy ubtans and exfoliating scrub now to make your life happier with healthier and beautiful skin. Make Ubtan and scrubs a part of your daily routine for a youthful, healthy and glowing you.