With the hectic lifestyle today we hardly get time for hair grooming but hair being the most essential part cannot be neglected because if they start greying we start losing our charm we dwell in the black bouncy hair. What wrinkles are to skin, greying is to hair both starts showing our age. As we all know prevention is better than cure let’s check what can be done to avert the greying. Since it is trouble for both male & female corrective measure will help in long run.
What is greying of hair?
Like skin hair follicle has pigmentation cells that responsible for colour of hair. Improper protein synthesis leads to greying of hair. There is no specific reason for greying but several problems can lead to greying. Melanocytes with age loose their ability to produce colour hence hair starts greying & eventually white. But with the changing environment premature aging of hair has also been noticed which can become embarrassing at times. Famous quotes “stitch in time save nine” applies here.
- Rising stress levels
- Thyroid & health issues
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Vit B12 Deficiency
You don’t always need chemical treatments to prevent hair greying. There are some inexpensive pocket friendly ways especially home remedies directly from grand ma’s dairy. Trust this & give it try.
- Awla: Being a storehouse of anti-oxidants retrains hair from graying & damaging. So consuming raw alwa or awla juice has major impact.
Recipe: Mix awla juice, curd, lemon juice make a paste & apply to hair & leave on for 45mins & rinse your hair. Try this thrice a week. Effect will always remain positive.
- Hibiscus: Hibiscus gives a lustrous shine to dull dry damages hair. When hibiscus flower & its leaves are boiled in coconut oil for 20min cooled, stained & massaged in scalp & left overnight seems to make more difference by retarding hair greying process & hair loss too. Acts as hair conditioner too.
- Onion & lemon Juice: you may reply upon this recipe. Onions are rich in sulfur content and restores natural hair colour. Thereby strengthening the hair follicle & restoring natural vigor. Mix onion juice & lemon apply on the scalp to the hair follicle leave on for 30min & then wash off repeat this thrice a week till you get positive results.
- Henna: Henna locks in moisture by making effective layer on hair & provides conditioning to hair & prevents hair greying. So wash henna leaves ground to make paste apply on hair & scalp as well & leave on for 1hr then rinse off. Try this thrice a week.
- Ribbed Gourd: enzyme rich gourd secures pigmentation in hair & prevent hair colour loss. Cut the ribbed gourd in pieces dry it out in sun then soak it for 3 days in coconut oil boil it for 15 min cooled, stained & massaged in scalp & left overnight next morning wash it off.
Further to these guidelines & remedies let’s just take a short review as to what precaution one need to take to avoid dandruff:
- Quit smoking
- Frequent blow drying & hot hair washes
- Improve your diet
- Take vitamin supplements
Bid good bye to grey hair with these time tested effective recipes & pamper them. Hair is the crown that we have to preserve. Because younger looking & healthy hair never go out of fashion!
We always believe in the power of herbs!